Expert Oil Furnace Repair in Mendon
Furnace won’t start? Reset button continually tripping? If your fuel oil furnace is leaving you annoyed and cold in Mendon, the Experts at Jergens Heating & Air can help.
Sometimes, you can take care of issues with your oil-burning furnace alone. There are a couple of things you can check before contacting us for heating repair.
Common Oil Heating System Problems
- Furnace won’t start: The thermostat setting may be incorrect. Ensure that it’s set to “auto” and “heat.”
- Reset button keeps tripping: This safety feature shuts down your furnace when it discovers trouble. Make sure there’s fuel in the oil tank, the valves are open and the chimney is unobstructed. Once you’ve checked those things, only press the reset button once. Pressing it several times could cause fuel oil to build up and cause a fire once the furnace begins heating.
- Inadequate heat: The oil or air filters could be full and need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Excess noise: If you hear clattering, tighten access panels. Squealing means there’s a problem with the belt or blower motor. If these components have oiling ports, put a couple of electric motor oil on them after shutting down your furnace.
Other times, you’ll need one of our professional service technicians. Call Jergens Heating & Air for oil furnace repair service when:
- Pressing the reset button doesn’t start the furnace, even when there’s fuel in the tank and valves are open
- You hear knocking sounds, which likely signals there’s air in the fuel lines
- Oil lines are leaking
- Soot can be seen in the burner chamber
- Burner works but does not fire
- Alternative troubleshooting ideas don’t fix the problem
100% Satisfaction Guarantee* Backs Our Repairs
Jergens Heating & Air can determine the problem when your oil furnace won’t ignite.
Our technicians are well-equipped to deal with most any heating repair.
Regular maintenance can help stop furnace service calls. Once we get your furnace operating, Jergens Heating & Air technicians can go over a maintenance plan that could decrease expensive repairs and make your furnace run more efficiently. A more efficient furnace could help you save money on heating costs.